21 August 2008

Quaffability and arid minds

Donatello Vino Rosso da tavola
RwF 8500 La Galette supermarket
[Dinner with The Australians]

No depth, no length. All front of the teeth.

Fruity undertones with an oaky finish. My comments about wine are always the same. Fruity undertones with an oaky finish.

No nose. No, no nose. No. Now swish it around your mouth, what do you taste?
I like the empty finish. The empty finish, like it is not there. It is empty!

Thin an inoffensive. Not much smell. I need to stick my nose right in the glass and there is nothing there. No stinking.

Very fruity, but that is at the back of the throat, quite dry but then fruit at the back. No middle.

Easy, lazy drinking.

That’ll be a staple wine. It is for quaffing. A quaffing wine.

A lunch time wine!
Steven Irwin, he was too over the top for Australians.

I could throw it down. I like it rock hard.

Somewhere in that arid desert you call a mind there must have been an inkling that what you just said was fucking stupid.

Do you spell quaff this way?

No comments: