21 August 2008

A new wine store does wonders for a small African city

Roberto Rock, Pinot Noir/Pinotage
South Africa RwF 10,000
[Swiss party. "New world" wines found in the new wine store. At a good price. Not good for those Euro-I-don't-drink-new-world-wines-never-even-heard-of-Napa types, but everyone else seems happy]

I smell vanilla. I must have a very sophisticated nose. Ohhh lots of vanilla. How tasty this smell is. After one sip, I find an aftertaste of tea, though I cannot be sure that it is not green tea.

Quite alright. Smooth.

Tastes a little sweet. It looks like we missed out on the chocolate. We should have mentioned the chocolate smell. It is worth a tenner in Kigali. I would buy it again.

It'd go very nice with a cheese souffle. Sunday dinner wine. I think it has an oaky finish, this one actually has an oaky finish!

Smooth like those Sth African guys' moves. Right.

Roast dinner with mum and dad.

One of the better wines that I have had in a while. I can identify with this wine. It has a nice earthy, full figure, a taste that lingers. It has depth. None of the sincere astringency or youthful plumminess that gets boring after a while in this god-damn town; depth and breadth in a good way. But there is playful side. A side that tickles your mouth on the inside, a warm slow tickle that then develops into a sensuous massage in your mouth. Sophia Lorenesque.

No comments: